InsulFoam I Below Grade is an engineered insulation consisting of a superior closed-cell, lightweight and resilient expanded polystyrene (EPS). InsulFoam I meets or exceeds the requirements of ASTM C578, Type I, Standard Specification for Rigid, Cellular Polystyrene Thermal Insulation. InsulFoam I has a nominal density of 1.0 lb/ft3. In addition, InsulFoam I offers a long-term, stable R-value and has excellent dimensional stability, compressive strength and water resistance properties. Insulfoam Below Grade Insulation can contribute toward environmental credentialing including LEED® credits.
- Environmentally Friendly - Insulfoam Below Grade Insulation does not contain any ozone-depleting blowing agents, may
contain recycled material and is 100% recyclable.
- Moisture Resistance - Insulfoam Below Grade Insulation does not readily absorb moisture from the environment.
- Insect and Mold Resistance - Insulfoam Below Grade Insulation does not sustain mold and mildew growth and can be manufactured with an inert additive that deters termites and carpenter ants.
- Stable R-value - The product’s thermal properties will remain stable over its entire service life.
- Long Term Warranty - With no thermal drift, Insulfoam warrants this product with a 20-year Thermal Performance Warranty.
- Proven Performance - EPS has been manufactured using the same chemistry since the mid-1950s.
- Large Variety of Compressive Strengths - More available compressive strengths than comparable below grade products.
- Cost Effective - Insulfoam Below Grade is typically less expensive than comparable insulation products.
- Code Approvals - Insulfoam insulations are recognized by the International Code Council Evaluation Service (ICC-ES), for numerous applications. Please contact your local Insulfoam representative for details.